Due to the coronavirus outbreak, Disney parks and resorts were obligated to be temporarily shuttered. However, Disney fans won’t be missing the magic, as they can make magic happen in their home, especially in the kitchen.
Disney made a new website, Disney Magic Moments, from which they share videos, stories, activities, and recipes – for the obsessive cookers who try different dishes during this time of quarantine.
First of all, they displayed their famous desert – churro bites, and then an easy three-ingredient dessert- Dole Whip.
But, if you are a big fan of savory foods, you are in luck, as Disney released their official recipe for the famous Three-Cheese Grilled Cheese. It is the same one that was served in Toy Story Land at Walt Disney World.
The recipe for this delicious sandwich is written in Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and now we have it in our hands.
You will need three different kinds of cheese to make it – cheddar or double Gloucester, cream cheese, and provolone. Except for the cheese, you also need artisan bread, mayonnaise, minced garlic, heavy cream, and coarse salt.
Combine the cheddar, cream cheese and heavy cream in a food processor and spread the mixture between two slices of artisan bread and top the bread in provolone and cheddar.
Make garlic spread with mayonnaise, garlic, and salt and smear the sandwich on either side before grilling it in a large skillet. Grill it until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
You can serve the sandwich like the way they do at Woody’s Lunch Box – add potato barrels at the side or a cup of tomato juice to dunk the sandwich.
For the Cream Cheese Spread
- ½ cup of cream cheese
- ½ cup of cheddar or shredded double Gloucester
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon of coarse salt
For the Garlic Spread
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoon of minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon of coarse salt
For the Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich
- 8 slices of artisan bread
- 8 slices of cheddar cheese
- 8 slices of provolone
- To make the Cream Cheese Spread you need to combine double Gloucester or cheddar, cream cheese, heavy cream, and salt in a food processor. Blend the ingredients smoothly and then set it aside.
- To make the garlic spread combine garlic, mayonnaise, and salt in a small bowl and mix until they are blended. Then, set it aside.
How to Make the Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich:
- On a parchment paper or large cutting board layout artisan bread.
- On slices with provolone, equally, spoon cream cheese spread. Over each slice lightly smooch cream cheese pred.
- Press together the cheddar side and provolone side.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat for not more than 5 minutes until it’s hot.
- With the garlic, spread brush on both sides of the sandwich.
- For 2 minutes grill the sandwiches until the bread turns golden and the cheese is melted.
Have you considered recreating Disney recipes at home? If so, find more recipes and let the magic be your guide.