In order to function properly the human’s body needs to have all the necessary nutrients, as even a shortage of just one can cause serious health problems.
Nowadays, as a result of drastic changes in the lifestyles and diet, many people have poor health, as they don’t consume enough nutrients they need.
In this article, we will tell you more about the magnesium deficiency, which is the most common one, but many people because of lack of knowledge ignored it.
Magnesium, as one of the essential nutrients in the body, has a responsibility in many important processes. The worst thing about it is that it is quite difficult to get it from food.
Why Is It So Hard To Get Enough Magnesium?
The soil in the past was rich in magnesium so people could easily get the required daily dose of it. Due to the modern farming practice and erosion, the magnesium in the soil today is less present.
However, there are foods that are rich in magnesium like nuts, dark leafy greens, seeds, beans, mackerel, but some people are not consuming them regularly.
Here are some the most common symptoms of magnesium deficiencies that everyone has to know:
– Memory loss
– Muscle cramps
– Bowel disease
– Blood clots
– Raynaud’s syndrome: may cause color changes in skin due to temperature changes, cold fingers or toes, and numbness in extremities
– Personality changes: often similar to symptoms of depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders
– Fertility/childbearing issues – preterm labor, getting or staying pregnant, preeclampsia,
– Difficult Tooth decay
– Difficulty swallowing
– Potassium deficiency (irritability, extreme thirst and fluid retention)
– Liver and kidney disease
– Heart issues
– Calcium deficiency
– High blood pressure
– Respiratory difficulties
– Type II diabetes
How to Fix This Problem Now:
1) The regular consumption of the foods mentioned above will help you improve the level of magnesium, but that is not enough to get the required daily dose.
2) The best solution is to use supplements – taking one capsule daily will stop worrying about consuming enough spinach.
3) As many supplements contain fillers such as preservatives, sugar, gluten, dairy, and wheat, which are not healthy at all you should be also careful when using them.