Acetylsalicylic acid, also known as aspirin, is a commonly used drug for treating headaches, fever, pain and preventing heart disease. Although aspirin is used frequently by almost everyone, it is one of the worst drugs you can get over-the-counter.
The most common side – effects that appear from using aspirin as a long-term drug are: nausea, ulcers, indigestion and nausea. All of the side – effects point that there is something wrong with your gut, which is the gateway to your overall health.
Natural pain relievers
- One of the active ingredients in pineapples that acts as a natural pain – reliever is bromelain. It has been scientifically researched and proved that bromelain lowers prostaglandins levels, hormones that trigger inflammation. It is very helpful for arthritic patients and to those that suffer from conditions like asthma, gout and conditions that include musculoskeletal tension.
- This mineral helps relieve pain if you have bone and joint pain as well as muscle soreness. It is usually used to prevent muscle cramps and treat spur pain. To take full advantage of this mineral, soak the affected are or have an Epsom salt bath. The salt pulls out the toxic matter from the system and relieves pain connected with inflammation.
- Turmeric is very effective in relieving pain. In fact, it is even superior to ibuprofen when you need to treat pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee. It is very effective because of its active ingredient – curcumin, which is responsible for the uncommon color. Turmeric is very versatile and you can find it in different forms, from supplements to fresh turmeric root.
- Cloves are rich with flavonoids and volatile oils, which are the reason for their potent pain-relieving properties. A lot of its anti-inflammatory activity comes from eugenol, a volatile oil which can be used to treat tooth pain and pain in times of tooth extraction. Beside from their pain relieving properties, cloves are very helpful for treating colds and nausea. Cloves can be found in different forms such as: essential oil, powder and capsule form.
- Mustard seeds oil
- To improve blood flow and relieve pain, apply mustard seeds oil on the affected area. Mustard seeds are rich with omega-3 fats, magnesium and selenium, all of which have been proven to treat inflammation and arthritis symptoms.
- Anti-inflammatory oils
Headache: If you want fast pain relief, pour a few drops of lavender oil or peppermint in your hands, rub them so they can warm up, and apply onto the back of the neck, the forehead and the temples.
Fibromyalgia and muscle cramps: Tome treat symptoms of fibromyalgia or muscle cramps, put peppermint oil on the affected area and massage it for some time.
Arthritis flare-ups and inflammatory pains from minor injuries: Reduce inflammation by applying arnica oil two times a day on bruises or joint pains.
Carpal tunnel: Massage flaxseed oil in your hands regularly.
Pre- menstrual cramps: Take 1.5g of evening primrose oil starting on the first day of your period to treat premenstrual cramps.
- Heat and ice
- Most people know that heat and ice can really help in treating injuries, but not everyone know which of them to use. Ice helps with healing, so it is efficient for pain that includes swelling inflammation, like a sprain.
Once the inflammation is gone, apply heat so the affected area can relax. Hot packs are a great way to treat stiffness, joint pain and arthritic pain.