For this recipe, you’ll need some powerful ingredients, such as turmeric, garlic, ginger, onion, apple cider vinegar, horseradish, and peppers. They all have great antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties, help to settle the stomach and improve general functioning. Taking a tablespoon a day gives your immunity a much-needed boost.
When the cold and flu season comes around, no one wants to be stuck at home with the sniffles and needs something to pick him up. Most of the people have at home some preventative all natural medicines that will boost their immunity and fight bacteria and germs that cause infections.
The mentioned ingredients above are so great for your health and here are their specific properties:
This spice is widely used in Asian cooking, and in the Ayurvedic medical tradition, too. Its health benefits are linked to a compound called curcumin, which possesses anti-inflammatory properties and also gives your immunity a big boost. Additionally, it has a positive effect for those suffering from asthma and other allergies as well.
Just like turmeric, ginger shows significant anti-inflammatory activity and shows antioxidant activity which helps it to prevent cell damage. Thanks to the antimicrobial properties it is able to fight any invading bacteria that wants to wreak havoc on your body. In addition, it helps to protect your liver from toxin-induced damage and is a great antidote for an upset stomach.
In the raw crushed garlic can be found a compound called allicin, which gets antimicrobial, antifungal and antiviral activities that help fight parasites. The best its effects are shown in protecting your body from any kind of germ activity.
Onion, like garlic, contains the same compound, allicin, which is been seen to inhibit the growth of bacteria that cause diseases like cholera. Onions, also increase the level of white blood cells, which make them effective in improving immunity.
Horseradish and wasabi prevent the growth of bacteria that cause things like food poisoning. When it is combined with ginger, they together could help settle any nervousness or seasickness in the stomach. Just like the ginger, they also show antioxidant functions.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
The acetic acid in the Apple cider vinegar makes it a great anti-bacterial ingredient. So, besides for the health purposes, it is often used as a great way to clean down kitchen counters and cutting boards, in order to stop the spread of bacteria and prevent cross-contamination. Furthermore, it possesses antifungal properties as well.
Capsaicin in peppers gives them anti-inflammatory properties, which are important in maintaining the kidney function. Additionally, it’s seen to help heal gastric ulcers and to be a good painkiller as well.
Recipe for Tonic
- 2 tbsp. turmeric powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped garlic
- 24 oz. apple cider vinegar
- 2 fresh peppers, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. grated horseradish
- ¼ cup grated ginger
1) All the ingredients except the vinegar should be combined in a bowl.
2) Put the mix in a jar that has a tight-fitting lid, filling up about two-thirds of the way with the number of dry ingredients that you have.
3) The remaining third of the jar fill up with vinegar.
4) Close the jar tightly and then shake it well.
5) Keep the jar in a cool and dry place for about 2 weeks and shake it well several times a day.
6) After 2 weeks, strain it with gauze cloth and filter the mixture.
– For best effects make sure to get organic, raw, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar.
– Wear gloves when handling the peppers, because they need to be the hottest
– To boost your immunity take 1 tablespoon of this mixture daily.
– Increase your amount every day until you can take about a shot glass
– When you are sick, take 1 tablespoon of the tonic 5-6 times a day.