In the times we live in now, faced with the challenges imposed by the coronavirus situation, many people, sitting in their homes for a while, forget about the various diets they carry, because life should not be devoted to the care of calories and grams of fat. Now you can afford to have a picnic on the living room carpet and sweet treats that are not normally part of your diet.
The Pandemic Pantry series offers some “delicious, but not every day” recipes that can be challenging for you as you sit at home and try it out.
Italian Lemon Pound Cake
The use of citrus fruits is very common in refreshing treats and it is this taste that dominates this super delicious lemon cake. Frozen cheese cream and lemon glaze are the main features of this cake, while ginger adds zing. This cake can also replace the meal, so we invite you to take this test.
For the cake:
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 2 cups of sugar
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1/2 cup buttermilk
– 3 eggs
– 1/2 cup of sour cream
– 1 tsp. of fresh ginger, minced
– 4 tablespoons lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Zest of 2 lemons (about 2 tbsps.)
For the lemon glaze:
– 3 tablespoon lemon juice,
– 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
For the frosting:
– 4 oz. of cream cheese, softened
– 1/4 cup of lemon juice
– 1 tbsp. of lemon zest
– 2 cups of powdered sugar
How to prepare the cake:
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2) Put together baking powder, flour, and salt together and set aside.
3) In another bowl, mix butter and sugar until light and liquid, then add eggs one at a time. Add sour cream, vanilla, lemon juice, ginger and lemon peel to the same mixture.
4) Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, whisk the other half.
5) Next, mix the buttermilk, then add the remaining flour mixture and mix until the flour is combined with the other foods.
6) The cookie dough thus obtained is poured into a very greased pan.
7) Bake for 70 to 80 minutes (check with a toothpick inserted into the thickest part of the cake).
8) When well baked, let it cool for 5 minutes.
9) Cover the warm lemon glaze cake so that the glaze is absorbed into the cake.
10) Finally, when the cake is completely cool, grease the lemon cream cheese.
For the lemon glaze:
1) Whisk the powdered lemon juice and sugar together and mix until the glaze is smooth.
2) Pour this mixture over the cooled cake.
Preparation of the Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting:
1) Mix all the ingredients together until smooth
2) Add frosting to the whole cake or decorate as you wish