Everyone is aware about the benefits of the ginger, turmeric and carrots, and many people use them separately or as a part of their lovely dishes. However, when all three ingredients are combined in a meal, their health benefits are endless.
The study conducted to investigate the benefits of this combination shows that people who consume these three ingredients in a meal, become resistant to diabetes, heart disease, various types of inflammatory conditions and even cancer. That is really amazing, isn’t it?
Ginger and turmeric
Both of the plants belong to the family called Zingiberaceae. The main use of them is linked to the kitchen, however they are part of numerous remedies that relieve various illnesses. Their effects are particularly strong when they are used together, for instance in the tea.
Well known for its distinct yellow color, turmeric is used for preparing curry, a spice that gives the Indian and Chinese dishes a particularly spicy taste. Researchers found that this ingredient delivers 150 health benefits.
Tip: Because the turmeric is slowly absorbed by the body, if you want quicker effects, mix it with tea or with coconut and flaxseed oil.
The advantages of turmeric:
- Slows down Alzheimer’s disease
- Slows the deterioration of brain cells and dementia.
- Curcumin keeps the heart as well as moderate aerobic activity
- Relieves joint pain and numbness caused by arthritis
- Scientists have found that turmeric has neuroprotective effect, rarely found in other plants, so it also relieves epilepsy
The benefits of ginger
Scientists found that the ginger has a stronger effect than the cancer chemotherapy, and the advantage of using it is that it does not destroy healthy cells.
It relieves pain in the joints and can be used as a tea or to add it grated to dishes. The study shows that only 2 g of ginger powder slow the growth of blood sugar levels by 12%. It also improves your memory and promotes concentration and cognitive processes.
The benefits of carrots
Carrots are rich in antioxidants which give them healing properties, such as preventing of:
- Harmful effects of free radicals
- Heart diseases, by 32%
- Inflammatory conditions and the development of tumor cells, and can even stop cancer when started using on time,
- Prevent the formation of ulcers and gastrointestinal ailments
- Help digestive organs to stay healthy
- Improve eyesight thanks to beta-carotene that is converted from carrots into vitamin A, which is very important for eye health and vision.
- Strongly protects against cataracts and macular degeneration, and makes your sight better.
RECIPES GINGER TEA AND TURMERIC
- Add a teaspoon of grated turmeric and a teaspoon of grated ginger in boiling water.
- You can use also one third teaspoon of each spice if they are in dry form.
Drink several times a week if you suffer from a problem in which these spices help and for good health.
Those ingredients can be also cooked.
- Cook a few pieces of carrots in water until they are smooth
- Add a few teaspoons of coconut oil, some salt and half a teaspoon of grated turmeric and ginger.
Besides they are tasty and delicious you’ll gain numerous health benefits of them.