Comparing to other soaps, coconut oil soap offers plenty of health benefits, including:
– Eliminating dead skin cells
– Keeping the skin moisturized, smooth, and healthy
– Eliminating toxic matter from the body
– Preventing and healing microbial infections and treating cold sores
– Alleviating the pain, itch, and redness of rash
In this article, you can find out how to prepare your own coconut oil soap in 6 steps.
Homemade Coconut Oil Soap Recipe
– 48 ounces of coconut oil
– 22 ounces of sodium hydroxide (lye)
– 48 ounces of olive oil
– 1 tablespoon of coffee grounds
– 1/3 cup of oat bran
– 9 ounces of coffee
- Stainless steel thermometer
- Gloves, face mask, protective eyewear
- Kitchen scale
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Stainless steel pot
- Mixing bowls
- Hand blender
- Silicone spatula
- Stainless steel spoon
- Parchment paper
- Soap Mold
2nd Step – (Measure and Mix)
– You can use a kitchen scale to measure each of the ingredients. It should be done in a well-ventilated area, wearing the protective clothing.
– Into the pot with the coffee add the sodium hydroxide
– Wait until it is completely dissolved
– Set aside the pot and remove the face mask, but keep still gloves.
3rd Step – (Emulsify)
– Melt the coconut oil on low heat
– Add the olive oil and mix them together.
– Using a thermometer, made from stainless steel, check the temperature.
– Adjust it to the temperature of the lye (100-110 degrees)
– Mix the lye solution with the oils and emulsify with a blender, and get a thick mixture.
– Then, combine it with the coffee grounds and oats with a spatula.
4th Step – (Pour and Insulate)
– Pour the mixture into a soap mold
– Cover the mold with a parchment paper
– Wrap it in a towel to protect the mold.
5th Step – (Let Sit and Cut Bars)
– After 24-48 hours remove the soap from the mold
– Let the soap stay for a couple of days to harden
– Then, cut it with a sharp knife.
6th Step – (Cure)
The soap bars should be kept in a place that is well-ventilated for a few weeks. This is a period while the process of saponification is acting and the excess fluid will evaporate.