The life in the modern society has become more stressful than ever before, and most of the people feel a bit comprehensive at times. Everyone is concerned about the future, health, work, family, which raises the tension in the overall living conditions.
As the people often feel anxious and fail to lead a normal everyday life, it affected their normal skills and activities in life.
The statistics of the diseases shows that all around the world, especially in the USA (about 6.8 million adults), the anxiety disorder is the most common mental.
Also, the facts tell us that the women are more prone to this disorder than men. When it comes to the period of life, the anxiety most commonly appears in adolescence phase and its symptoms tend to intensify over time.
Here we can present you most common symptoms of anxiety in women:
- Unrealistic perception of problems
- Muscle tension, aches and body pains
- Worrying about simple, everyday tasks
- Inability to relax
- Stomach pains and nausea
- Frequent urges to go to the bathroom
- Difficulty concentrating
- Difficulty swallowing
- Irritability and mood swings
- Depression symptoms
- Lightheadedness or short of breath
- Restlessness and being “on edge” or easily startled
- Trembling or twitching
- Frequent headaches
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
The usual treatment in most cases is with benzodiazepines like Xanax, Ativan, and Valium.
The worst think of these medications is that they cause addictions and that dependency on these chemicals, develops additional psychological and physical distress.
The treatment of some chronic anxiety or panic attacks involves antidepressants, such as Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Paxil, and Zoloft, which usually fail to deliver results.
According to the numerous leading researchers, the lavender is an extremely effective herb in the natural treatment of anxiety. The study published in the journal Phytomedicine showed that lavender oil was shown as effective as the pharmaceutical drug lorazepam (Ativan).
Additionally, the advantage of this oil as a remedy is that it has no sedative effects and has no potential for dependence or drug abuse.
Here we will emphasize the benefits of the lavender oil in the case of anxiety, confirmed by many conducted studies:
– It treats depression symptoms
– It relieves insomnia, nervousness, and restlessness
– Aids in the case of dementia-related agitation
– Helps in the case of inflammatory and painful conditions, as well as joint pain and migraines
How to use Lavender Oil for calming purposes:
Preparation of the lavender tea:
– Add 1- 2 tablespoons of whole, dried flowers to a cup of boiling water, and steep for 10- 15 minutes,
– Strain or use a tea infuser before consumption.
The lavender leaves and flowers can be easily found in a liquid form:
– Add 6 drops of lavender oil extract or 1/4 to 1/2 cup of dried lavender flowers to your bath water.
– Use – can be taken orally by adults,
Before you start any new treatment, make consultation with your doctor, in order to determine the proper dosage. Avoid this capsules from the children.
Combining lavender oil with the pharmaceutical medications (antidepressants, benzodiazepines or narcotics) as in the case of aromatherapy may lead to sleepiness.
It is always strongly recommended if you take any prescription medications to consult your doctor before its use.
Sources and References:
universityhealthnews.com — Original Article Source
Featured image source: www.nzgirl.co.nz