Today’s fast-paced lifestyles often leave us stressed out and not getting the rest and restful sleep that we need. We all have so many daily obligations, often tied to deadlines, that we tend to neglect taking proper care of our health and thus become vulnerable to various illnesses and health problems.
When our health is endangered, the first thing that the body does is to send early warning signs that you need to do something so as to prevent worsening of the condition. Such signs can include constant fatigue, insomnia, dry skin, thin and brittle nails, hair loss, frequent headaches, and others.
The most common signs that frequent stress and unhealthy diet is endangering health:
Reduced energy and constantly feeling tired
Cravings for junk food
Difficulty in focusing and staying mentally sharp
Irritability and mood swings
Thin, brittle, dull skin, nails and hair
Weight gain and slow metabolism
Bloating, gas and indigestion
These point to nutrient deficiencies and / or improper gut functioning, including:
Vitamin B12 deficiency
Vitamin D Deficiency
Impaired liver function
Impaired thyroid function
If you are experiencing any of the warning signs listed above, it means your body needs more nutrients for it to start functioning optimally.
If the symptoms are mild and occasional, you can try the following recipes for juices, smoothies and shakes that are loaded with nutrients that can help correct deficiencies and boost overall health in numerous ways. They are listed with the ingredients and their nutritional value and health benefits, and it goes without saying that they are all absolutely delicious as well as being good for you!
- Apple + Banana + Lemon + Spinach
- 1 apple, 2 bananas, juice of ½ lemon, a large handful of spinach ,1 glass filtered water
- It’s high in iron and potassium that can provide energy, treat fatigue and improve mood
- Banana + Carrot + Apple Juice + Lemon
- 1 banana, 2 tbsps. carrots (chopped), 1 glass apple juice (unsweetened), juice of ½ lemon
- This drink supplies beta carotene and potassium that will clean toxins, hydrate and energize the body
- Carrot + Celery + Tomatoes + Olive Oil + Salt + Pepper
- 1 carrot, 1 celery stick, 2 tomatoes, 1 teaspoon olive oil, pinch of salt and of pepper
- It’s loaded with vitamins and minerals, the olive oil also rich in vitamins K and E as well as essential unsaturated fatty acids that help nutrient absorption and hydrate skin and hair
- Beet + Carrot + Celery + Cucumber + Apple + Parsley + Ginger
- 1 beet, 1 carrot, 1 celery stick, 1 cucumber, 2 apples, a small bunch of parsley, filtered water
- This smoothie provides a load of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, offering anti-inflammatory and disease-protective properties as well as providing energy and improving health of skin
- Almonds + Bananas + Cinnamon + Salt
- 15 raw almonds, 1 banana, ½ tsp cinnamon, pinch of sea (or pink rock) salt, glass of filtered water
- The almonds provide protein and healthy fats, the cinnamon is a powerful antioxidant and appetite suppressor, while the bananas and salt balance key electrolytes sodium and potassium.
- Orange + Lemon + Grapefruit + Green Tea + Banana + Honey
- 1 orange (peeled), juice of ½ lemon, ½ grapefruit, glass of green tea (cooled), 1 mashed banana, 1 tsp honey
- This is a refreshing drink that detoxifies and energizes the body and helps you lose excess weight as well as being great for your skin!
- Banana + Lime + Celery + Spinach
- 1 banana, juice of ½ lime, 2 celery sticks, a large handful of spinach, filtered water
- This is a smoothie that is rich in Vitamin C, potassium and iron to provide energy and make skin and hair stronger and healthier
- Bell Pepper + Lemon
- 2 bell peppers, juice of ½ lemon
- Both ingredients are loaded with Vitamin C, which acts as an anti-oxidant and boosts immunity, improves digestion, provides energy, improves mood and is great for your skin.
- Avocado + Orange + Banana + Herbs + Lemon
- 1 avocado, 1 orange, 1 banana, small handful of herbs (your choice), juice ½ lemon, filtered water
- Avocados are rich in healthy fats that improve quality of skin and hair, enhance functioning of brain and other systems, and help your body absorb nutrients and fat-soluble vitamins.
- Dates + Almonds + Honey +Mint
- 2 dates (pitted), handful of raw almonds, 1 tsp raw honey, handful fresh mint, ½ tsp cinnamon, glass of filtered water
- Drink this and you’ll have energy for the whole day, as well as benefiting from the antimicrobial properties of cinnamon, Vitamin E for wonderful skin and nails from the almonds and the properties of mint for better digestion.
- Spinach + Banana + Lemon
- 1 handful of spinach, 3 bananas, juice of ½ lemon, filtered water
- Super spinach is the richest plant source of iron as well as high in other vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which maintain tissues, brain functioning and other body systems. Drink this for great looking skin, hair and nails.
- Pineapple + Carrot + Apple
- ½ pineapple, 2 carrots, 2 apples
- Pineapples contain an enzyme bromelain which has anti-inflammatory, anti-aging and healing properties as well as boosting immunity and helping weight loss.
- Bilberry + Banana + Lemon + Celery
– 3 tbsp. bilberry, 2 bananas, 1/3 juice of lemon, 2-3 celery sticks, filtered water
– Bilberries do wonders for your eyes and strengthen your immunity, too.
- Kiwi + Pear + Parsley + Banana
- 3 kiwis, 1 large pear, 1 large bunch of parsley, ½ a banana, 1 cup filtered water
- Kiwi has loads of the B vitamins as well as vitamins A, C, E, calcium, niacin, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous and potassium, all of which improve skin health, reduce inflammation and treat infections, improve sleep quality and provide energy.
- Beets + Carrots + Radish + Garlic + Parsley
- 1 medium size beet, 3 carrots, 1 radish, 2 garlic cloves, 1 handful of parsley
- This is a super healthy drink, rich in various antioxidants, vitamins and minerals which improve immunity, prevent food cravings and boost weight loss.
- Broccoli + Cauliflower + Grapefruit + Dates + Almonds + Flax seeds
- 1 handful broccoli, 1 handful cauliflower, ½ a grapefruit, 1 small handful almonds, 4 dates, 1 tsp flax seeds, filtered water
- This is an extremely beneficial smoothie thanks to the abundance of B-vitamins in the broccoli and cauliflower, which detox the digestive system, the weight-loss properties of the grapefruit, and the omega-3 fatty acids in the flax seeds, which all provide energy and also result in healthy and glowing skin.
- Ginger + Spinach + Apple + Honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, 2 handfuls of spinach, 2 apples, 2 tsp honey, filtered water
- The ginger is great for treating a variety of illnesses and diseases thanks to its potent anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Walnuts + Parsley + Honey + Ginger + Raisins
- A handful of walnuts and of dried parsley, 1 tabs honey, 1 tsp ground ginger, handful of raisins, filtered water
- Treats adrenal fatigue, manages stress, energizes the body, treats brittle nails and hair
- Cucumber + Parsley
- 1 cucumber and 1 handful of parsley, filtered water
- Real refreshing hydration from the cucumbers and antioxidants, vitamins and minerals from the parsley
- Apple + Lemon + Cucumber
- 1 apple, juice of ½ lemon, 2 cucumbers
- This smoothie energizes and hydrates the body, boosts immunity and supplies Vitamin C, iron and fiber
- Grapefruit + Flax Seeds + Strawberries + Grape + Avocado + Banana + Lemon
- Banana + Apple + Bran + Coriander
- Apple + Celery + Cucumber + Beet + Ginger
- Cucumber + Spinach + Pineapple + Green Tea + Lemon + Ginger
- Bilberry + Pomegranate + Apple + Cucumber + Spinach
- Carrots + Tomatoes + Bell Peppers + Garlic + Celery + Garden Cress + Spinach
- Carrot + Apple + Ginger + Banana + Orange + Mint
- Pineapple + Kiwi + Cucumber + Lemon
- Strawberry + Cranberry + Banana + Mint
- Spinach + Lettuce + Celery + Pear + Banana + Lemon
- Cucumber + Lettuce + Lemon + Honey
These recipes for delicious and health-boosting drinks can support your health and prevent various illnesses and diseases. There are so many ways to benefit from the many health-giving properties of the ingredients so you can follow our recipes or make up your own combinations!