Regardless of your fitness level, the muscle pain can show up a day or two after exercise.
Usually, when the muscle pain strikes, the first thing that most of the people tend to get is some medication, like ibuprofen to kill it. As the production of painkillers is based on using a large spectrum of chemicals they aren’t exactly free of side effects.
Ibuprofen can cause short-term effects, such as heartburn, indigestion, chest pain, shortness of breath, and vomiting.
So why not go for a safer, non-toxic alternative?
Homemade Remedy for Pain – Recipe
– 10 tablespoons Himalayan salt
– 20 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 3-5 drops rosemary essential oil
1) In a glass jar are mixed all ingredients, then sealed jar should stay for 48 hours.
2) It is applied in the morning right after waking up, in a small amount to affected area. In case of headaches, apply directly to your temples.
3) The oil should be massaged into your skin for 2-3 minutes and allow it to act for up to 20 minutes.
4) Using a clean damp towel wipe away the remaining oil.
5) It is used every day, and the treatment lasts for 10 days.
How It Works:
This simple recipe is used to treat joint and muscle pain, but many people use it for headaches and mental fog!
So, keep it by your bedside, to be ready to fight pain right when you wake up!
Properties of Rosemary
The healing properties of rosemary are linked to its containment of chemical compounds (about 29). This herb is known to fight heat-induced pain and dysmenorrhea.
In addition, it is widely used to treat headaches, arthritis and muscle pains, but also to fight stress, sharpen mental focus, improve mood, and to help you solve the problems when suffering from chronic pain.
Its main function is as a carrier oil to keep the essential oil from evaporating. It means that it ensures that the rosemary oil can do its job while it’s on your skin. It also prevents a rash or skin irritation caused by the hyper-concentrated essential oil.
Thanks to anti-inflammatory compounds in olive oil it helps in soothing overworked muscles and injured joints.
Lastly, Himalayan Salt with its essential electrolytes improves nerve signaling that prevents muscle pain.
In case of intense pain or arthritis, you can switch the Himalayan salt for Epsom salt, which contains a high level of pain-relieving magnesium.