Oatmeal has always been considered one of the most nutritious breakfasts that you can eat to start the day right. It’s loaded with fiber and various supplements which increase your wellbeing. Just the fiber in oatmeal by itself is reason enough to enjoy a bowl.
There are different kinds of oats on the market and the measure of nourishment that you get depends on the kind that you choose. Steel cut oats are the least processed sort of oats which is why they are the hardest to prepare. For those used to simply pouring a bowl of instant cereal, steel cut oats can seem quite hard to prepare.
Some people simply go with rolled oats, their being not as processed as the instant kind but more processed than the steel cut oats. The rule is that the more they are processed, the less supplements they provide. This means that rolled oats are the in-between choice because they are easier to prepare than steel cut oats while at the same time providing more nourishment than the instant oats.
The different kinds of oats and their health benefits
The overnight oats recipe helps you save precious time in the morning when preparing your breakfast. As the name implies, you can prepare the oats the night before and they are ready to eat in the morning, which means easing the morning rush. Find out how they can be useful in activating your body’s abilities to lose weight, as well as 3 simple recipes.
How eating oats can help weight loss
Oats are loaded with fiber, which is of great importance for the healthy functioning of your digestive system. Breakfast is often considered as the most significant meal of the day because it gives you energy to make it through the busy mornings till the next meal.
Overnight oats will provide the necessary energy as well as providing the fiber that makes you feel full and can help you control your cravings and keep hunger in check. In addition, all that fiber is great for your digestive processes and system.
This great range of benefits will help keep you fit with less exertion, although you should, of course, combine this with other sensible exercise and diet choices. When you feel you want to make use of the weight loss benefits of oats, then try some of the following overnight oats recipes
- Nut butter and banana overnight oats
If you happen to like peanut butter, then you will love this next recipe. Like most of the recipes, there is no cooking or baking involved and you simply mix all the ingredients together and leave it in the fridge overnight.
- One half of a ripe banana
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons nut butter of your choice
- ½ cup of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted nuts of your choosing
- Pour the almond milk into a bowl or jar.
- Add the nut butter to the milk and mix until it is mostly mixed in.
- Add the sliced banana and rolled oats and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, blend the oats and add a little bit of almond milk then sprinkle with nuts and serve.
- Raspberry, almond and coconut overnight oats
The recipe is for one small serving but you could make a larger amount if you like
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup raspberries (can be fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon shredded coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Use a little glass jar for this recipe
- Put the oats, honey, ground cinnamon, raspberries, extract and milk in the jar.
- Blend the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Cover the jar and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
- You can keep it in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
- When you want to serve the oats, add the shredded coconut and the almonds.
- Mix everything together – part of the ingredients may have settled – and serve.
3.. Blueberry & walnut overnight oats
Blueberry and walnut overnight oats is a delicious overnight oats recipe that you will love. It is also stored overnight and ready in the morning for a nutritious and tasty breakfast.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of crushed walnuts
- ½ cup coconut milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Mix the greater part of the ingredients in a big jar.
- Blend everything together well until the oats are completely covered in fluid.
- Cover the container and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, you can add a little coconut milk if the mixture needs to be looser.
These recipes for overnight oats are so amazing that you will want to eat them all the time, not just breakfast! So, if you happen to be looking for a solid breakfast to keep you full and energetic as well as to increase weight loss, then you must try these simple oat recipes.