When it comes to the physical activities, the heaviest burden part of your body is your feet.
Because of that, they can develop certain health problems. As they are the farthest body parts from your heart, when your heart pumps blood to your feet, because of many reasons, the blood flow can be reduced and caused some peripheral health problems. In such a case, your feet and lower legs may not get the oxygen-rich blood they need to thrive.
The feet play very important rule in supporting your movements, and they deserve a special attention in order to prevent pain in the knees, hips, or back.
How to improve the health condition of the feet?
One of the best ways in the Chinese medicine to enhance the health condition of your feet is by using acupressure. That therapy is a 5-millennia old way of relieving any kind of a pain in the human’s body. This therapy is conducted via precise finger placement and pressure over particular body areas, or points.
It is important to know the crucial points and the certain channels, as meridians.
Here we offer you 5 simple exercises that can help you to soothe pain, improve the balance and strengthen the feet:
- Toe press
Warming up the legs properly is very important before you start exercises. In order to relieve back pain, the toe presses are extremely useful.
– Start in a standing position,
– Bending the knees a bit, grip the floor with the toes.
– Hold that position and count to 3.
Repeat this 3 times daily (10 sets).
- Toe Pencil Pickups
This exercise is very easy and simple to perform.
– Place a pencil on the ground, and lift it off,
– Hold this position for 10 seconds, and release it.
Perform this exercise 5 times with both feet.
- Toe walking
This exercise helps you to strengthen the ligaments, the toe muscles, and the muscles surrounding the balls of the feet.
– Begin staying on the tiptoes and move forward for 20 seconds,
– Rest 15 seconds,
– Perform five reps.
For best effects, do this twice daily.
- Resisted Flexion
It works your tiny muscles in the foot, which is responsible for balance and in addition, tightens the muscles and prevents injuries.
– Start sitting on the floor, straightening your feet in front and wrapping an exercise band around the bedpost.
– Placing the band on the top of the feet, lean backward to tighten it.
– Bending foot backward, hold for 5 seconds and rest a bit,
Perform 10 repetitions.
- Ankle circles
This exercise helps you to get a proper flexibility and mobility of the ankles. When you overload the body you can experience to get tight and restricted ankles, which can lead to muscle and joint pain, as well as back, hip and knee pain.
– Begin laying on the back,
– Extend the leg over the head, and rotate it clockwise, counting to 10,
– Repeat with another leg as well.
Sources and References:
fitnessrepublic.com — Original Article Source