The stress is a part of everyday life in a different situation, such as activities of the kids in the school, unfinished work, having an argument with a loved one or taking an exam at school.
All these things and many others everyone experiences and they are usually manageable, but they also cause some level of stress, which vary from person to person. However, if that became a chronic stress it can be hazardous to anyone’s health. This is the reason why the stress relief is so important and everyone should pay attention to it.
Experts explain that the chronic stress affects literally every cell in your body and that can be a risk for much serious illness.
They claim that the alleviating stress is critical for health and living at your best and that the physical benefits of stress relief run very deep.
There are simple ways how you can reduce anxiety and stress, such as exercise, spending time in nature, yoga, listening to music or playing an instrument, massage, gardening, a hot bath, enjoying a quiet cup of tea and hanging out with friends.
Most of the people prefer natural stress relief to pharmaceuticals, smoking or alcohol, having in mind that it promotes well-being rather than any complications.
There are some concepts of the natural ways of relieving the stress, such as acupressure, reflexology, and massage.
Here, you can find more of the reflexology and the pressure points in the hand that, when massaged, relieve pain, release tension and stress – HERE
The ancient Japanese tradition, suggests that the energy of stress in its many forms can be accessed through the hand. There is a link between each finger and an emotion.
In the article below you can find a technique that addresses these negative energies one at a time, releasing them from the body and mind.
The advantage of this technique is that it can be done anywhere at any time, and you can do it as many times as you like.
Here is an explanation of the fingers and the effects that are achieving:
– Thumb: reduce anxiety and worry
– Index: overcome fear
– Middle: control frustration and anger
– Ring: relieve depression and sadness
– Pinky: stimulate general outlook and self-esteem
Natural Stress Relief through Japanese Hand Self-massage
Follow the way how to naturally reduce stress by simply using your hands.
You should be concentrated on each finger for 1-2 minutes.
- Open your hand with fingers spread but relaxed.
- Start with your thumb, grasping the sides of the tip on either side of the nail and pinch with slight pressure.
- Moving the thumb slowly down toward the palm, gently squeeze the sides until you feel the pulse.
- Pausing in each position, allow your mind to focus only on releasing before moving to the index finger and so on.
- The massage is ended with slight pressure applied to the center of the palm with the opposite thumb. Hold this position for 1 minute or more.
- Another pressure point is between the thumb and index finger, in the muscle just above the base of the thumb.
This point is important as many nerves run through this muscle, joining the hand to the rest of the body. By relieving tension pressing on this point you’ll feel the relieving throughout the body, including the head, back, neck and promote a general feeling of well-being.
Squeezing the muscle with the thumb and forefinger of the opposite hand you can massage for as long as you like.
- A pressure point on the inner wrist is where the bones of the hand and arm meet. By pressing gently this point you’ll release negative thoughts and emotions.
When you are pressing you may feel a tingling or slight numbness.
- Another point is on the opposite side of the hand at the outer wrist, where a little depression is and the bone of the arm meets the bones of the hand.
Applying pressure to this point you’ll foster relaxation and mental clarity.
Watch another simple, quick self-massage techniques to restore balance and release stress in the video below: