Many different hormones are distributed throughout the body with the help of the thyroid.
The thyroid also helps with regulating: fat and carbohydrate metabolism, respiration, brain development, body temperature, cholesterol levels, the nervous system and the heart, menstrual cycles, blood calcium levels and skin integrity. With some of the functions listed above it is easy to see why keeping your thyroid healthy is very important. The most common thyroid condition that appears is hypothyroidism, which is cause by an underactive thyroid. Symptoms include fatigue, dry skin and hair, weight gain and having difficulty to concentrate. Hyperthyroidism is also a very dangerous condition, caused by an overactive thyroid. Symptoms include high blood pressure, weight loss, rapid heartbeat and diarrhea. Common treatments for hyperthyroidism are surgery, medications or oral radioactive iodine. It is very difficult to choose some of these treatments, because they may cause the thyroid to produce inadequate amounts of some hormones, and reduce thyroid function. Here is a natural treatment that will help boost the function of the thyroid
This recipe will help your thyroid.
- Cranberries are natural source of iodine, which is a crucial part of the thyroid hormones.
- Vitamin C from lemon and orange juice is an antioxidant that keeps your thyroid healthy.
- Ginger is full with magnesium which helps prevent thyroid disease.
- Cinnamon reduces inflammation, so the risk of hypothyroidism is smaller.
You should make this recipe and drink it every day for maximum health benefits. In addition to stimulating your thyroid gland, you are getting a huge vitamin boost.
Cranberry thyroid-boosting juice
- 1 cup of 100% cranberry juice
- 7 cups of filtered or spring water
- ¼ tbsp. dry ginger
- ¼ tbsp. nutmeg
- ½ tbsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- ¾ tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
Preparation: Heath water and before it starts to boil add cranberry juice and spices. Simmer for 20 minutes and remove it from the heat. When it is completely cooled, add lemon and orange juice. Drink an entire batch in one day.
For an additional boost, increase your intake of vitamin D, selenium, vitamin B12, and goitrogens and make sure to exercise every week. Eat well, keep exercising and live a long and healthy life!